Relationship Awareness Theory with SDI questionnaire gives people an insight into their motivational system, relationship strategies and managing conflicts styles. By raising awareness into dynamics of relationships and interpersonal conflicts participants will contribute to their personal development. Participants will learn how to administer different questionnaires and facilitate personal learning with the results. Also, various stimulating exercises will be provided and creative discussion about transfer of key learning points to work and family contexts.
The objective of the course is the fundamental Goal of Relationships Awareness Theory (RAT): to make relationships effective, to move from Awareness to Understanding and then to Effectiveness. By the end of the course participants will have a substantial understanding of RAT, Motivational Value System, Portrait of Personal Strengths, Portrait of Overdone Strengths and Conflict Model. They will develop core skills to build effective relationships and to avoid unnecessary conflicts by understanding conflict triggers, and to better manage the rest of the conflicts.
Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs), teacher trainers, inspectors, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors, headteachers / principals / managers of schools / organisations offering adult education, HRM professionals and managers.
– Discussing possibilities for future cooperation among participants.
Download Europass template for this course
- 17. 11. – 23. 11.
(CONFIRMED – open for pre-registration)
- 03. 05. – 09. 05.
(open for pre-registration)
- 11. 04. – 17. 04.
(open for pre-registration)
- 14. 11. – 20. 11.
(open for pre-registration)
Pre-registration form for Conflict Management course
Useful information about Conflict Management course
Efficient relationships course is based on the principles of positive psychology. It helps to develop more productive, open and tolerant relationships with students, teachers and parents. At the end of the course you’ll be equipped with the following competencies:
- Discovering Relationship Awareness Theory and its practical implications for interpersonal relations.
- Raising awareness about typical communication patterns about yourself and other participants in the group.
- Understanding how individual characteristics influence communication patterns and occurrence of conflicts.
- Getting familiar with strategies for identifying true motives behind the conflicts.
- Learn how to solve interpersonal conflicts before they escalate.
- Using effective strategies for managing common conflicts in the classroom.
- Applying individualised approach in conflict management that is based on values of the individual.
- Learn how to use communication patterns that nurture long-term relationships.
- Development of personal development plan for better conflict management under trainer’s supervision.
Course is oriented towards building positive relationships in school environment and private life. It helps every teacher, trainer and counsellor that is dealing with problems in interpersonal relationships, either as a worker or as conflict mediator. Maybe the following statements will remind you how to implement course contents in your work and life:
- Establishing better communication patterns in the classroom.
- Using strategies for successful conflict mediation in various situations.
- Helping students who are frequently in dysfunctional relationships with others (students, parents, teachers…).
- Helping students with low self-esteem to discover individual strengths and strong points.
- Raising level of tolerance for multicultural differences in the organization.
- Better management of interpersonal relationships and conflicts.
- Improving school curricula for specific subjects (like psychology, sociology, ethics…).
- Meeting colleagues of different nationalities and building fruitful networks for further collaboration.
Meet the trainers
Janja Rebolj has more than 20 years of experience in a wide variety of fields, where her interpersonal skills have given her a leading edge. This includes: pedagogical training, teaching in secondary schools, curator in the museum, PR and Marketing Manager, Head of Communication service and of course Trainer and Coach for SDI. Janja enjoys all her learning work, from development of students to professionals and leaders but her main focus is on helping people at all levels to develop more effective andproductive relations that increase their personal effectiveness and enable their organisations to achieve better results. Janja’s style is highly interactive sharing her own experiences and encouraging others to do the same. She structures high quality learning experiences and yet is also highly flexible in ensuring individual needs are met and each participant gains exactly what they need at this moment to help them take the next step. Her areas of specialism include: Management development, Communication, Adult learning, Change management, Relationship management, Conflict management, SDI Qualification programmes. In addition to be a Master SDI Facilitator, Janja is also a Master practitioner in NLP as well as an NLP coach. She is trained in Adizes Management of Change at IEDC Bled School of Management and in trainer skills. As a historian and sociologist by education Janja is well suited to introducing the SDI into organisations and society both in Slovenia and through European projects. In 2008 she received a National Award „Apple of Quality“ for her achievements in the European mobility project.