Building Efficient Relationships and Effective Conflict Management was the first course to make us happy. Our caring and energetic trainer Janja was engaging 9 wonderful women from Lithuania, Ireland, Spain and Slovenia to actively participate in the course. This was an excellent opportunity for participants to learn about motivational value systems, behaviour and conflicts in more details. Ladies discovered important differences between individual's motivation and behaviour. What is more, our behaviour and communication style in conflict can be different from how we behave when everything is all right. Participants learned a lot, not only with the help of learning materials and Janja's presentation of the topic, but mostly by getting know themselves better.
However, the week in Ljubljana was not dedicated to learning only: our guests were also able to experience Slovenia. They got the chance to taste typical food of Slovenia and Zimbabwe in 2 socially responsible restaurants. They visited City Museum where they learned how to use Relationship Awareness Theory in practice and where they also enjoyed the exhibition Genesis by Sebastião Salgado. One day they had an outdoor learning experience in beautiful camp Ukanc, surrounded by Slovenian Alps. They got the chance to swim in Bohinj lake, enjoy the view from Vogel mountain and admire the Savica waterfall.
We think it is best to sum up the first week with words of our amazing participants:
- "This was one of the best learning experiences ever. The programme itself was well structured and organised. Beside of that topic is the key for all relationship challenges. Time was well spent!"
- "This course should be compulsory for anyone interested in improving their personal & professional relationships. It provides you with (effective) tools which help you deal with conflict in a successful way."
- "It was a nice surprise to find out that this course would be helpful not only in my career. It gave me lifelong helpful tools to be able to manage relationships effectively. Thank you all! :)"
The second week of July brought us Teaching Creativity in Schools, inspired by Edward de Bono course and new adventures – this time with bigger group of 17 teachers, principals and social educators from Italy, Spain, Ireland, Turkey, Poland, Finland and Slovenia. Our trainer Nastja was the one who encouraged participants to learn and use new thinking techniques and creativity tools. Throughout all week participants worked in groups, on their own ideas for school projects. With Nastja and her 3-minute sand clock they learned how to empower their students to find new, interesting and diverse ideas.
Highly positive atmosphere was part of the course right from the beginning. Multiculturalism and new friendships were truly an added value to this course. Participants connected among themselves and spend much of their free time together: they enjoyed drinks next to Ljubljanica river, visited the Postojna cave and sang a lot of songs representing their countries. Discovering Ljubljana in an interactive way and the excursion to Bled and Bohinj lake were for this reason even more pleasurable. Participants also got the chance to enjoy Slovenian food at Ljubljana castle and in Vila Podvin – former residence of Yugoslav president Tito.
And again we think that participants' words can better capture the spirit of the week:
- "What was important for me was to realize that I can learn how to be creative thinker and that creativity has nothing to do with intelligence. And it is very important to pass this knowledge to all students and help them to be more efficient, creative, successful and to improve also the quality not only the quantity of creative ideas."
- "I think it was an alternative course with an innovative topic, fresh ideas, beyond the usual themes. Thank you for widening my horizons."
- "Platon and Socrates are not the only thinkers."
- "Surprisingly intensive, well structured and yet easy going course – can be recommended for anyone seeking new horizons."
First half of July was a truly inspiring and satisfying period for Primera team and we can only look forward to new courses with excitement. And to conclude the July experience we would like to borrow the words of our participants: "Thank you for your good companionship and sharing this experience with us."
We are truly grateful that we can work hand in hand with such wonderful people from so many different countries!